A little know fact about me is that I love to cook. And when I say ‘little known’, I really mean that you – my blog readers – probably don’t know about my culinary skills. Others do however, which is why I’ve been knocking back offers to host my own cooking show for years. I still get lots of offers – some recent examples include hosting MasterSchnubbs, Iron Schnubbs and The Naked Schnubbs. But I digress…
In today’s post I wanted to share with you one of my top secret recipes. This little gem is packed with flavour, nutrients, protein and carbs – all requirements for a healthy growing tiger.
It’s called ‘Baked Beans ala Schnubbs’ and is a time honoured tradition in the von Turkleberry household. Here’s the recipe:
- Open a can of SPC baked beans
- Pour into a bowl and put in the microwave for 45 seconds
- At the same time (this is important!) put two slices of multi-grain bread in the toaster
- When the 45 seconds is up, stir the baked beans and then cook for another 45 seconds
- When the toast pops, take it out and slather it with butter
- Take out the baked beans and pour over the toast
- Add pepper to taste.
Wesley and I have been busy this week, on all sort of adventures. All that fun and excitement certainly creates an appetite. As a special treat we thought we’d order in pizza tonight.
Here’s Wesley and me gong through the selections of our favourite local pizza shop. Being a healthy little tiger I always try to get the thin crust options and lots of vegetables. Yumola!
It’s good to have a little treat every now and then.
The days are warm and sunny, so it’s perfect weather for a Schnubbs BBQ (or SchuBBsQ as I refer to it).
Here’s me getting the temperature just right before piling on the steaks. Yum!
Technorati Tags: Sydney
My job is very physical – lots of rigorous stunt work. So it’s important that I keep my mind in shape, as well as my body.
To that end I try to read a page each day from The Intellectual Devotional – it’s chock full of interesting tidbits.
I thought I’d share this little quote from a few days ago. It’s from the article on Whistler’s Mother – the famous painting by James McNeill:
As music is the poetry of sound, so is painting the poetry of sight.
One of my flat mates is sick this week. This is strange because he’s normally very healthy. But I guess everyone stumbles from time to time. I’m happy to say that I’ve never been sick for more than a day in all my tiger years.
The reason I’m such a healthy little tiger is because I follow the great advice my mumma Schnubbs gave me as a little cub. Here’s my tips for staying healthy:
- As soon as you feel a germ hit (eg a cold or flu) immediately stop and rest
- Drink plenty of water
- Take some cold & flu tablets (eg Codral or Sudafed)
- Get to sleep as early as you can that night
- Eat lots of soups, especially those with vegetables
- Use Aloe Vera tissues – they are much kinder on your nose
- Take it easy – read some light fiction or a magazine (eg I read Stunt Man Monthly)
- Have a hot shower when you get up and before you go to bed (the steam helps clear out the sinuses)
- Wear new clean clothes each day (don’t be wearing the same germ infested shirt from yesterday)
- Don’t feel guilty about having to relax – this is a big one (most high achievers try to work while they are sick and just end up prolonging the symptoms)
- Think positive – focus on things that make you happy. Laughing at a comedy sometimes helps (other times it can just give you a bad cough!)
Here’s a few pictures of me and Wesley helping look after my flat mate:
Last night I went out to dinner with some of my new FoxPro friends. Make sure you check out all my photos on Flickr.
After dinner we went to an Irish pub. This was my first time in a pub. I was carded by the security guard on the door, but he recognised me from some of films and ushered me in.
Everyone was drinking Guinness, which is apparently a drink the Irish make. Not wanting to be anti-social, and always keen for new adventures I went up to the bar and ordered one for myself.
It was pretty tasty.
And it went down quite smoothly. However, by half way through I knew I’d had had enough – I’ve only got a small body. So, being the responsible tiger I am I left it there.
When I got back to the hotel I had a big drink of water from my MVP bottle and hit the hay.
I had a great day today.
Although I am a single tiger, I always make the most of things. It’s true that I’d love to meet a special lady tiger, but for now I am very happy living my charmed life.
This morning I thought I’d treat myself to some pancakes.
Here’s me cooking a batch
And here’s me enjoying the fruits of my labour. Yummo!
I hope you had a great day.
For one of my recent birthdays I finally upgraded to a nice big King size bed. It is very comfortable.
Here’s me just waking up after a refreshing sleep.
Technorati Tags: Schnubbs, Sleep
I had a very relaxing day yesterday. In the afternoon I had a nice nap. Here’s me having a stretch after I woke up after my nap on the lounge.
Now, off to have some adventures…
I’m a healthy little tiger, and I try to stay in great shape. But I do have one vice – my coffee. I need to have a caffeine hit each morning to jolt me into a day of tiger adventures. Here I am preparing my morning cuppa.
Technorati Tags: Schnubbs